Photomarathon Sheffield 2017
Tickets cost £10 (limited no. of free places for under-16s)
Ready, set, snap!Visit site
Get set: Photomarathon Sheffield returns this autumn.
**REGISTRATION OPENS 1/6/17 AT 12PM**
Photomarathons have taken place around the world – from Beirut to Berlin, New York to Nairobi, Stockholm to Sydney. Now, Sheffield's joined in the fun.
Photomarathon Sheffield is a photography competition unlike any other. It’s more of a photographic adventure, challenging 300 entrants to take 6 photos on 6 given topics in 6 hours.
No set route. No need to run, or even walk, fast. You just need a digital camera or smartphone, and a keen eye. Winners will be picked for their curiosity, creativity and spontaneity rather than technical knowhow.
It's £10 a place (enter as an individual or team), with 30 free places for under-16s. Entrants get a badge, discounts at a number of independent cafes on the day, and chance to win great prizes (including a DSLR camera for the overall winner – more details coming soon).
After the event, a photo by each entrant will go into an exhibition at Millennium Gallery, showing one day in the life of a city from 300 perspectives.
Saturday 7 October 2017, 10am-4pm.
- All photos must be taken in order, on the day, in Sheffield, between 10am and 4pm.
- No editing or adding filters after taking a shot. You're fine to use lens filters, tripods and to play with your camera settings before taking a photo. (You won't be disqualified if you use filters, but bear in mind the judges prefer unprocessed photos, and these will look better when printed for the exhibition!)
- No RAW format photos (don’t worry – unless you’ve changed your camera’s settings to RAW, you’ll be fine).
- End with 6 photos – 1 photo per topic. We'll take the last 6 photos from your memory card/phone.
- Return to the Winter Garden to submit your photos by 4pm. We'll be there until 5pm in case of queues.
For full details, see the Photomarathon Sheffield site.