Join Bright Box Makerspace and its #GirlsWithDrills gang by making and inventing things!
If you've never used a drill, these workshops will introduce you to the basic functions of a drill. You'll learn to make a pilot hole and how to choose the right screw for the job.
This drill art workshop will run twice (Saturday 14 and 21 August) and is part of Children's University Festival of Fun 2021. Places are free but booking is essential. You must have a Children's University passport to attend.
You will be supported by Bright Box Maker-in-Residence Elle, and Role Models from Brown Girls With Drills.
At this workshop, you can learn these techniques and skills:
- The basics of using a drill
- Using a handsaw
- Safety awareness
- All tools and materials will be provided
- Safe working practices
- Introduction to tools and techniques
- Personal protective equipment
- Unlimited answers to your questions
- Your very own drill art!
How to prepare:
- Join the optional pre-event Whatsapp group (a link will be sent when you book)
- Wear closed-toe shoes and tie hair and loose items back
- See the map to plan for public transport, taxi or parking on the day
- Parents can either stay or leave, refreshments will be provided. Maybe get involved with some allotment planting?
- The event will be socially distanced with a maximum of 8 children
- Face masks should be worn and dust masks will be provided
- Everyone will have their own drill and will at maximum share other optional tools with one other person with sanitising wipes made available
- Please bring your own mug or cup. Bright Box provides tea bags, hot water and instant coffee
- Hand sanitiser and wipes will be at each table
- Featured in
- Summer holiday picks